Smoothies are a fantastic way to kickstart your day or to enjoy as a refreshing snack. One particularly delightful and nutritious concoction is the Mango Banana Smoothie. Bursting with tropical flavors, this smoothie combines the sweetness of ripe mangoes with the creamy texture of bananas, creating a delightful treat that’s not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS FOR MANGO BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Milk: To make this mango banana smoothie, I used homemade coconut milk. For a lighter version, replace it with almond or other dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds protein and creaminess to this mango smoothie, but dairy-free yogurt can be used.
- Bananas: Bananas add natural sweetness and a creamy texture to this mango smoothie. Fresh or frozen bananas work well, but using frozen eliminates the need for ice.
- Mango: I always keep frozen mango on hand for smoothies, but fresh mango works too!
- Honey: Honey is an optional ingredient that adds extra sweetness to the smoothie. However, bananas and mango already provide a lot of sweetness, so honey is not necessary. If you prefer a vegan smoothie, you can substitute honey with maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: Adding vanilla extract enhances the flavor of this mango banana smoothie and brings out the sweetness of the mango, taking it to the next level.
- Ice cubes: Use ice cubes if not using frozen fruits for a colder smoothie (optional)
HOW TO MAKE MANGO BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Prepare the Fruits: Peel and dice the ripe mango, ensuring you remove the pit. Peel and slice the ripe bananas.
- Blend the Ingredients: In a blender, combine the diced mango, sliced bananas, yogurt, milk, and sweetener (if using). If desired, add a handful of ice cubes to create a colder and more refreshing smoothie.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender and blend again to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or consistency by adding more honey, fruit, or liquid to suit your preference.
- Serve: Pour the mango smoothie into glasses. Garnish with a slice of mango or banana for an extra touch of elegance. Enjoy this delightful tropical treat immediately.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND TIPS
- Frozen Fruits: To create a colder, creamier, and thicker smoothie without using ice, consider freezing the mango and banana slices beforehand.
- Enhance Flavor: Add a squeeze of lime juice for a tangy twist or a handful of spinach for added nutrients without compromising the taste.
- Customize with Add-Ins: Experiment with additional ingredients such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, or a scoop of protein powder for a more substantial and nutritionally rich smoothie.
WHAT FRUITS GO WELL WITH MANGO
If you want to add some more fruit to this mango smoothie (besides the bananas, of course), here are some suggestions:
- Oranges (or any other citrus fruit)
Want to try other smoothies? Check out my recipe for a Green Smoothie or Açaí Smoothie!
Smoothies are best enjoyed fresh, but if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a day. Shake or stir well before drinking as separation is natural due to the fruit pulp settling.
HEALTH BENEFIT OF MANGO BANANA SMOOTHIE
Mangoes and bananas are not only delicious but also offer a range of health benefits. Mangoes are rich in vitamins A and C, contributing to a healthy immune system and glowing skin. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium and provide a quick energy boost. Combined with yogurt, this smoothie offers probiotics for gut health and calcium for strong bones.
HOW TO ENJOY MANGO BANANA SMOOTHIE
The Mango Banana Smoothie is perfect for breakfast, a post-workout refuel, or even as a healthy dessert option. It’s an ideal way to introduce more fruits and probiotics into your diet, all while satisfying your sweet cravings with natural sugars.
In a world where convenience often sacrifices nutritional value, the Mango Banana Smoothie stands out as a quick, easy, and incredibly healthy choice. It’s a celebration of tropical flavors, offering a burst of nutrients and a refreshing taste that’s hard to resist. Whether you’re a smoothie enthusiast or new to the game, this delightful blend of mango and banana is sure to become a favorite in your collection of go-to recipes. Cheers to a glass of tropical paradise that’s not only delicious but also nourishing for your body!
Mango Banana Smoothie
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup (100g/3.5oz) natural Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, 100g/3.5oz
- 2 cups (300g/10.5oz) mango
- 2 tbsp honey, optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Ice cubes, optional, for a colder smoothie
- Peel and dice the ripe mango, ensuring you remove the pit. Peel and slice the ripe bananas.
- In a blender, combine the diced mango, sliced bananas, yogurt, milk, vanila extract and sweetener (if using). If desired, add a handful of ice cubes to create a colder and more refreshing smoothie. (Using frozen fruits it makes the smoothie more creamier)
- Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender and blend again to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or consistency by adding more honey, fruit, or liquid to suit your preference.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses. Garnish with a slice of mango or banana for an extra touch of elegance. Enjoy this delightful tropical treat immediately.