Looking for a delicious and healthy homemade banana bread recipe that’s soft, fluffy, and easy to make? Look no further than this oat-flour banana bread! With a preparation time of only 10 minutes, this recipe delivers the perfect texture and mouth-watering flavor that’s great for breakfast or an afternoon snack any time of the year.
Table of Contents
REASONS TO LOVE THIS OAT FLOUR BANANA BREAD
- Quick to prepare: Preparing your healthy banana bread batter will take less than 15 minutes with making oat flour.
- Super easy to make: Everything is made in a blender.
- Delicious: This healthy banana bread is filled with the delicious taste of bananas, complemented by the nutty flavor of oat flour and a hint of sweetness and tartness from the addition of blueberries.
- Moist banana bread: This healthy bread is not dry or bland.
- Affordable: Oat flour is cheap flour.
- Healthy: This healthy banana bread, it’s everything you’d expect from a fresh, warm loaf of your favorite banana bread, just without the gluten, dairy, nut, and refined sugar.
INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
Here are the simple ingredients for this oat-flour healthy banana bread. Most are pantry staples and easy to find in grocery stores.
- Oat flour: Be sure to use certified gluten-free rolled oats or oat flour for this healthy gluten-free banana bread. If you are making the oat flour first, use ¾ cup rolled oats which will equal the same amount of oat flour after blending into a fine powder.
- Coconut oil: Use melted coconut oil or substitute for melted butter.
- Bananas: Use overripe bananas. They add more sweetness and delicious banana flavor.
- Eggs: You’ll want to make sure the eggs are at room temperature. If you are conscious about egg yolks, instead of using 3 whole eggs, you can use 1 egg and 3 egg whites.
- Honey: It’s the only sweetener used in this recipe, but if your bananas are very ripe, you can omit it.
- Cinnamon: Bananas and cinnamon are the perfect combination.
- Baking powder: It helps this healthy banana bread rise.
- Protein Powder: Optional, only if you want an extra protein in your meal. Use a good quality whey protein sweetened with stevia. Otherwise, leave it out.
- Blueberries: These are optional. You can use chocolate chips instead. They add the perfect amount of additional sweetness.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY BANANA BREAD WITH BLUEBERRY
This is the easiest banana bread ever!
First, blend the oats in a high-power blender or food processor to make your own oat flour. Then add the remaining ingredients, and blend to combine.
Next, add the baking powder and stir until incorporated. Add the blueberry, if using, and mix it again.
Last, pour the oat flour banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan. If desired, top with thinly sliced bananas and some fresh blueberry for a decorative topping. Bake for about 30 minutes at 180C/350F.
TIPS/SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS OAT FLOUR BANANA BREAD
- Instead of blueberry or chocolate chips, you can add chopped pecans or walnuts. Don’t add more than 1 addition at a time.
- If your bread pan doesn’t have a good non-stick finish, you may want to line it with a piece of parchment paper so the bread releases easily.
- If the bread is becoming overly browned, loosely tent foil over the top for the remaining baking time.
FREEZING AND STORING TIPS
Allow the bread to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing for optimal results. Once it has cooled entirely, place it in a sealed container at room temperature for up to three days.
If you wish to freeze the bread, slice it when it has completely cooled and store it in a ziplock freezer bag for up to three months. Thaw the bread overnight in the refrigerator and heat each slice in the microwave before serving.
MORE GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPES
Healthy Banana Bread with Oat Flour
- Baking tin
- Parchment paper
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil, + more for greasing
- 2 tbsp honey, (optional)
- 1 cup (110g/4oz) oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup blueberry , fresh or frozen or chocolate chips
- 1 scoop (30g/1oz) protein powder, (optional)
- To make your own oat flour, first, blend the oats in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Grease the baking tin with coconut oil and line it with preachment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender. Beat until the batter becomes very smooth and creamy.
- Add the baking powder and stir with a spatula until incorporated.
- Stir in the blueberry or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a baking tin. If desired, top with thinly sliced bananas and some fresh blueberry for a decorative topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.