This yogurt salad dressing is healthy, creamy, and easy to make! Plus, this yogurt salad dressing tastes better than any store-bought.
This is a quick and simple recipe to follow. This healthy salad dressing is ready in less than 5 minutes. It’s delicious when drizzled over just about anything. I usually like to drizzle this yogurt dressing on green salads, roasted vegetables, or even grilled meat and fish.
Table of Contents
GREEK YOGURT SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- Yogurt – Use Greek-style yogurt for ticker consistency.
- Lime juice – I like to use lime juice, but lemon is okay too.
- Extra virgin olive oil – My go-to oil. I use it just almost for anything.
- Fresh garlic – Gives so much flavor to this salad dressing.
- Fresh herbs – Use herbs of your choice.
- Salt and black pepper – To taste.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK YOGURT SALAD DRESSING
Making this healthy yogurt salad dressing couldn’t be easier! Just put all the ingredients in a bowl or glass jar. Whisk or shake well, and you have a delicious, healthy, creamy, homemade dressing that can be used on just about anything.
HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING RECIPE TIPS
- When it comes to yogurt, I’m a big fan of the Greek Yogurt that I make at home, as it’s creamy and not too sour. However, you can certainly make this recipe with store-bought natural yogurt. If you are calorie-conscious and prefer the low-fat version of this yogurt-based dip, feel free to swap out the full-fat yogurt for fat-free plain yogurt.
- My favorite fresh herbs to use in this dressing are parsley or dill. These herbs go well with yogurt and blend well with the other ingredients. However, you can switch it up by using your favorite herb.
HOW TO USE THIS NATURAL GREEK YOGURT DRESSING
My favorite way to use this yogurt salad dressing is in a Geek salad, as it tastes great with the Greek salad ingredients. A Greek salad usually contains cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and Feta cheese. The fresh flavors of the yogurt and lime juice in this healthy yogurt salad dressing recipe elevate the flavors of the Greek salad!
However, this healthy yogurt salad dressing doesn’t have to be used to top salads! You can use it as a dipping sauce for fresh vegetables or as a marinade for meat!
IS GREEK YOGURT SALAD DRESSING REALY HEALTHY
Yes, this Greek yogurt salad dressing is a healthy substitution for heavy cream or mayo base dressings. It has the creaminess you love without all the calories and fat. Greek yogurt is hight in protein and a good source of probiotics, or healthy bacteria that live in our guts and have different health benefits. Probiotics support gut health, digestion and immune functioning. But moderation is the key, even for healthy options!
HOW TO STORE YOGURT SALAD DRESSING
This healthy yogurt salad dressing won’t last as long as a store-bought dressing, as this yogurt dressing doesn’t contain the preservatives that most store-bought do.
So I would check the expiration date on the yogurt you are using for the recipe and then add a week or two to that. The lemon juice in the recipe will help preserve it a little longer. Use an airtight container to store the sauce.
Healthy Yogurt Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed or lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, parsley, dill, coriander, etc.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle on your favorite salads or roasted vegetables.